Reading Cards for Young Learners – Card 14
- October 25, 2018
- Posted by: andy
- Category: Young Learner's Reading Cards
These cards are practice materials for young people who are learning English. They are set at elementary or pre-intermediate level.
Young Learner’s Reading Card
Last night, the family had a big surprise. A thief tried to steal things from their house! The family were all asleep upstairs. He broke a window at the back of the house and climbed in. He wasn’t a very good burglar. He knocked over a vase of flowers. Then the dog woke up. It was asleep in the hall. It started barking. The man became very frightened and the tried to climb out of the window again. But the dog was quicker. It bit them man. He cried out very loudly and then he ran away. Everyone said that the dog was very clever. They gave him a big piece of meat.
Write out these sentences correctly:
Put the verb in brackets into the correct tense.
- A thief (come) to their house at night.
- He (want) to steal things from the house.
- He (break) a window and (climb) in.
- He (make) a lot of noise and (knock) over some flowers.
- The dog (wake up) and (begin) to bark.
- The thief (be) very frightened and he (try) to climb out of the window.
- The dog (be) angry and it (bite) the man.
- He (cry) loudly and (run) away quickly.
- Everyone (be) pleased with the dog.
- They (give) him some food to eat.