Reading Cards for Young Learners – Card 12
- October 25, 2018
- Posted by: andy
- Category: Young Learner's Reading Cards
These cards are practice materials for young people who are learning English. They are set at elementary or pre-intermediate level.
Young Learner’s Reading Card 12
One Saturday afternoon Peter was hungry. He decided to make some cakes. When they were ready, he took them out of the oven. They were too hot to eat. He put ten cakes on a plate on the table. He went into the garden to read a book. When he came in, there were only two cakes left!
‘Eli, did you eat the cakes on the table?’
‘No, I didn’t,’ she replied.
‘Tom, did you eat the cakes on the table?’
‘No, I didn’t,’ he replied.
‘Well, I think there is a rat in this kitchen,’ Peter said.
‘But we ate some nice cakes we found on the plate,’ said Eli. ‘They were very, very nice! We left two for you!’
Correct the statements below, like this:
Peter made some biscuits.
No, he didn’t. He made some cakes.
- Peter took them out of the fire.
- Peter ate them immediately.
- He put ten on a saucer.
- He put them on a chair.
- His friends ate all the cakes.
- Peter asked Ali about the cakes.
- He asked Tim about the cakes.
- He thought there was a cat in the kitchen.
- Eli and Tom ate the cakes on the table.
- His friends left three for him.