Waylink English - resources for international students & teachers of English:
We have ongoing working relationships with various trusted organisations relevant to teaching and working abroad.
TESOL course content & syllabus
This page summarizes the main contents of the TESOL course material. A detailed course syllabus is also available.
The TESOL-direct TESOL course is expected to provide 150 hours of study but you can work at your own pace.
TESOL Module 1 - The Fundamentals
- Language teaching, language learning: approaches to teaching English.
- Working in the classroom: the teacher, the classroom and teaching skills.
- Language awareness: the grammar of English and how to approach it.
- Issues in presenting new language: how to do it in a practical way.
TESOL Module 2 - Teaching the Four Language Skills
- How to teach speaking skills: teaching the sounds, stress and intonation of English.
- How to teach listening skills: practical approaches you can use in the classroom.
- How to teach reading skills: practical ideas in teaching intensive and extensive reading.
- How to teach writing skills: from individual sentences to descriptive passages.
TESOL Module 3 - Practical Skills for the TESOL teacher
- Lesson planning: a template for the preparation of your lessons.
- Teaching vocabulary: how to teach new language quickly and clearly.
- Practical language activities: a collection of practical and enjoyable teaching activities.
- Testing in the classroom: a practical approach to assessing your students.